“Friendship,” said Christopher Robin, “is a very comforting thing to have.” – A.A. Milne
It certainly is a comforting thing to have! What a blessing from God to have friends with whom we can share our journeys. Friends are motivating, caring, supportive, thoughtful. They are a reflection of God’s love for us!
Lately I have been blessed to see examples of friendship all around:
- Former RMC Petra Dankova (now a Postulant with the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer) offers her friendship to the people from Syria who are seeking refuge inour Motherhouse in Germany. As she engages in this ministry, several other Sisters share the gift of friendship with Petra by accompanying her to Germany. You can read more about Petra’s experience here: https://mercypelago.wordpress.com/
- Several former RMC’s who live in the area or have come to visit in the past few months have become friends with our current RMC, Ashley. How comforting to have friends with whom you can share similar experiences!
- My coworkers, who I am lucky to call my friends, made the transition from maternity leave back to work a little easier by decorating my office and welcoming me with hugs and warm wishes.
- As RMC Ashley becomes more settled in her ministries, she develops friendships and meaningful relationships with coworkers and patients alike.
- Like true friends, several RMC alums assisted me during maternity leave by representing RMC at post-graduate service fairs
The Redeemer Ministry Corps family is very fortunate to have such wonderful friends!